Monday, October 6, 2008

Life has been so full lately. It does seem like the older the children get the busier things are. Things were so much simpler when they were younger.

JWN went to his first ever Homecoming dance last weekend.Being homeschooled all his life, he didn't have many opportunities for games and dances. I didn't even think he could dance but he stayed on the floor for 3 solid hours. He was also an announcer for the Homecoming Powder Puff Game. What a hoot! He definitely enjoys all aspects of school. I didn't get any pictures from the dance but here are a few of the game. The PP cheerleaders!
SMN spent alot of time over the last few weeks playing violin with her ensemble group. There was a big festival in town and the group played numerous times.
She has also been meeting with a few girls every other Friday learning calligraphy,rubberstamping and scrapbooking. She has thoroughly enjoyed this time. They are very serious about learning different ways to do calligraphy and scrapbooking.
This was a great opportunity for the violin group(Suzuki Strings of Augusta) to be able to play for the very First Westabou Festival. We hope there will be many more.
JHN has been content to do whatever he needs to do or go wherever he's suppose to go. He has really enjoyed being involved in the local Christian School chorus and plays golf every chance he gets. He was also involved in another string group and played in the local festival.

Mom has just been the taxi driver for all the activities. I did have a birthday during this last week. It was a high and a low as it caused me to really miss Mom. She was always the 1st to call and wish me Happy birthday, so it just didn't seem the same. But, the kids were great at encouraging and John was good at making me laugh. Ex. I have been wanting to get a small car to drive with all the gas issues, so after going to dinner, then having my favorite Carrot cake he decided to give me my present. WOW! a very small ,red,2 seater, convertable. It just happened to be about 2 inches long made by Hot Wheels.LOL But at least he got me laughing. I haven't been to cheery lately. Just keep trying to remember it takes time. Mom was my biggest support aside from Darling Husband. She would always listen to me and I knew she would give me good sound counsel. There was nothing I couldn't share with her.
So I've been just doing alot of talking to myself lately(well actually it's been directed more to the Lord and Mom). I know that I can trust Him to turn my mourning into dancing. I can't wait for that time.....

Great is the Lord and Greatly to be Praised! May He be Gorified in all we do!!

6 comments:

JeanMac said...

Belated HB wishes - what a nice surprise.

Hope your days turn into sunshine for the rest of the month!
Oh, and BTW, I'd love to meet you,too. It may happen when I'm able to travel.

Susanne said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Lady!! Loved this awesome report on the kiddos. Think dancin' may be in JWN's DNA! ;-) Hope the rest of your week is FANTABULOUS, and please know that I am lifting you up to the Father. MUCH LOVE TO YOU AND YOURS!!!

Mom_E said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Cheryl! I love the little car John gave you- don't know when I'll EVER be back in one of those, though!
I posted pics (finally!) of the fence today on the blog. I decided to put them there since I don't actually have your email address. John (your John) did a beautiful job. This past weekend, my John put up the rest of the fencing to the edge of the yard, and we think all the holes are finally plugged. We are carefully watching, though, since Snow is a sneaky escape artist and loves to stroll up to Main St. to Guerins (of all places!).
I can only imagine how it is to walk forward each day and miss your mom. I pray God will be a very real comfort just when you need it *HUGS*. Sarah

The Via Colony said...

Oh happy birthday!! sorry you've been down but glad you got the "car of your dreams"=)

Technonana said...

Hey Sweetie!!
Just wanted to drop by and say Hi, I forgot to tell you yesterday that I hope you had a great birthday!!!
Enjoyed our chat... next time, over coffee??? Hehe!!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Thanks for dropping by and checking on me. This goofy sickness has been a huge challenge. I hope to get to meet you someday. You live practically in my backyard and I guess we are always so busy that I just procrastinate. Take care and it looks like your kids are growing up having fun and loving the Lord.