Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Long Time!!

I have not posted much lately and there is a reason.

Even now as I try to put my thoughts down I grow weepy and just downright heavy burden.......But...I know the Lord tells us to cast our burdens on Him... all ye who are heavy laden, cast your yoke upon me and I will give you rest.

Have you ever just felt like... why can't I do something .....to help....how can I help? WELL, I'M CALLING ON EVERYONE I KNOW TO PRAY!!
About a little over 2 months almost 3 ... our dear, sweet, 5 month old granddaughter was diagnosed with a very rare disease.(1) Eosiniphilic Granuloma......the dotors also gave it the name (2)Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis... then (3) letterer siwe disease which is the more severe case of LCH.
What a happy baby she is.............................
In March she had surgery to remove a growth on the right temporal area of the skull.....she did great!!!... it was extremely large!!!! The Neurosurgeon said it was the largest granuloma he had ever seen IN AN INFANT THIS SMALL.
After some more tests and seeing skin lesions, then also lesions in her pelvic, along with an enlarged spleen, the doctors decided to begin an 8 wk. round of chemo with steroids twice a day. Then they will re-evaluate...doing more scans to see if the chemo is working. He says it will be a year of chemo and more than likely even longer.

As of today she has had 3 treatments and we're looking at issues with her port. She will be heading for the hospital on Monday to get this taken care of we pray.
There is definitely more to share but this Noni is exhausted...YES, I am also keeping our 4 yr.old and 2 yr.old grandsons this week as they have a new Baby Sister..... Just wanted to fill you in a little and ask you to be praying for her and her Mom, Dad and Big sister as they minister to her and her needs, will post more later.........Thank you for going before the Throne of God on behalf of this Dear Little one. Cheryl

9 comments:

The Via Colony said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I cannot imagine!! We will pray...

Susanne said...

I am, have been, and will continue to keep this sweet little one (and her Mommy and Nonni) in my prayers!! Love you ALL!!!

JeanMac said...

Thank you so much for the update. What a little trooper she is. Added her to our list. I showed Wayne her picture but didn't explain her situation. He loves babies.

Cheryl Nichols said...

Thank you ladies...We so appreciate it!!

Mom_E said...

We've been praying and will continue to pray for the whole family, and especially P. Thanks so much for the update. I'll be praying for you, too, Grandmommy!

Blessings,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi Nichols Family,

We are praying for little Payton and are so so sorry she has been suffering from this sickness. She has a beautiful little smile.

Love, Christina and Victor

Technonana said...

Cheryl... sorry I have not contacted you before now!!! We are praying for ALL of you, and My SS class has added you to our prayer list...
and yes, I wish there were more we could do!!!
Until I can actually wrap my arms around you... please know I would love to wrap you in a long, warm hug!!
Love You!!
Sharon

The Westra's said...

Hi Sherri! I found your blog :) Please know that we are praying for Ashley and her sweet baby girl. It was great to see you and John at Ashley's wedding. Keep us posted on how things are going. We miss you! You can find my blog at www.mattandjuliewestra.blogspot.com

Cheryl Nichols said...

You can sure tell you are my cousin with the Sherri. Good to hear from you. Will check inwith you later. We had a great time with all of you. Cheryl