Saturday, August 30, 2008

Love my Kids!!

.....and now my Grandkids.
Sometimes that sounds so funny to me. I have 5 children altogether and I must say that I thought we would probably only have 1 maybe 2 kids at all.
Now we have 3 grands and 1 on the way. Seriously, this has been a busy few years. As I have written before I believe children are a gift and we are to treasure them. We have a responsibility to ...be fruitful and multiply... I am so excited that there is another little one joining our growing family, I'm just sad they live so far away (CO).
When our first grandson was born we felt a little young to be grandparents(just because we still had young ones ourselves) and my son and daughter wanted us to be creative with the name the kids would call us. Well, my husband's was easy...Papa John.
Now how do we find a creative name for me? My family knows how much I love biscottis (you know the HARD cookie) and tea. One day when I was in Sam's
I saw a bucket of Nonni's Biscottis and as I read the label I realized that Nonni was an endearing italian name for Grandmother. So, there we had it, Nonni and Papa John.
I love hearing the sound of Nonni sweetly coming from the lips of my 4 yr. old grandson and I can't wait for the others to begin calling my name through the house.

Last week we had the blessing of having the 4 yr old come and stay the week. It was his birthday treat and a special treat for me and the kids. This is only the second time since we have been in Ga.(3 yrs) that he has been able to come.

Things are beginning to settle down since my mom's passing and we are at home alot more. It is difficult to be without her but I know that she is happy and wouldn't come back now, I just Miss her so. I know it will take time as we were so very close. She was a great Mom and a terrific Grannie.

Here's some highlights from our week together.

Proud to be........The Winner of All....
He thought the Chocolate Chip B'day pancakes were the Best!!!
Well, until Auntie S made the B'day cake with sprinkles!!!Li'l J and his daddy love to fish, so we had to take a trip up the street to the lake to fish a little. Too many turtles around to catch anything.
Yeah! I learned to pump and swing myself. Hanging out with Uncle J.
He was really pretty good at crossing the Monkey bars...
Well!!!!! What can I say...What a triple blessing.....What fun we had..
Auntie S can always soothe an anxious traveler on his way back home. Not sure who was more tired him or US...... I pray that he will grow not just in stature but in Wisdom and Favor with God and man. HAPPY 4'th BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN.......We love You!!!

2 comments:

charlestonyaya said...

Tears....this just takes me back 20 years in an instant. The day that I met Todd - Mary was at your house babysitting and potty-training at the same time. love you all, KaKa

Technonana said...

Oh Sweet One!! This is such a sweet post!!! Don't you just love it??? There is nothing like it!!
I have a friend that ask me why I didn't tell him how much fun it was to be a grandparent.. but you know that you 'just have to experience it for yourself'.
Love the sweetness of it!!
Love You!!
Sharon