Monday, November 17, 2008

I always have FUN....

when visited by the Grandsons.

We had a great week when K our DIL came to stay while our son was working out of town. She and the two boys have never done this before and I was thrilled when she decided to come. Since I still have young ones at home...11yr. and 14yr. and a 16 yr. they were delighted and a great big help as the boys love playing with Auntie Sarah and Uncle Joe.

Aren't they just adorable.J is 4 and D is 17 mos. They are really hamming it up!!
Papa J is sitting in front of the tent the kids made one day. They covered the dining table with all the blankets they could find and then Auntie S helped make a doorway. COOL!! They had so much fun just playing with each other and pretending that all the plans for the picnic at the park and other things were not of much interest to them this time.




The Knight in Shining armor protecting the Damsel in distress.



The cats were a big hit with both the boys..

It was definitely hard to keep them still to catch a shot when their dad arrived. They, Li'l J is definitely a Daddy's boy and D loves Dad but is a real Momma's boy. It sure has been quiet around here this week without them.
But, there's big things in store for next week. That is definitely another post especially since it involves the Grandaughter in Colorado. DDS and I will be leaving the sunny south and heading out west where the weather is just too cold for this southern Girl. Well the things we do for our children. I will be helping my Daughter as she delivers GB #4 into the Nichol-Clan.........Well, I think we are due in another 7 mos, for GB #5!!! Papa J might get his 20 GB before #5 child ever gets married. Those girls keep me hopping about every 6-7mo. or so.(I love it. More soldiers for the Kingdom) Until Later.................................
Cheryl



4 comments:

Susanne said...

AWESOME NEWS!! So great to watch the Nichols Clan grow...even if it's from a distance!! I can't think of a better group of people to be multiplying!! Tell A, I said I'm rooting for her, and GD #2!!! ;-)

Kathy said...

Hey - sounds like you are getting ready for a marathon!!! We will be in Sumter from the 17th - Christmas, then around the 27th to Summerville through the first weekend. Kaiti and Robert are coming to Charleston to celebrate their anniversary and we get to help Kelly babysit!! Let me know what y'all are up to and where. Please email me Ashley's address. love you much, K

Technonana said...

I love the pictures!! I know you had fun grandma!!! Wow, it's hard to keep up with the goins on in The Clan!!!
I know you will truly enjoy your time with Ashley, and she will really be needing her Mama!!
Keep us posted!!
Love You!!
Sharon

JeanMac said...

Yeah, Grandma.Nice pictures, I enjoyed them.